We’d like to hear your music and we’d like to know how we can help you with your music
If you’re a primary school-aged child in Wiltshire and you’d like to participate, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
Step 1: Choose Your Creative Piece
Select a piece of music that you’ve written yourself or with others. It could be a recording, a video, a TikTok, a musical score, or even a graphic representation.
Step 2: Your Creative Style
Make sure you choose a piece that reflects your creative style. This could be in the melody, lyrics, or overall presentation. Might it be about one or more of the following things?(but it doesnt have to be!):
- Being young in Wiltshire
- Feeling or being different
- Relationships or friendships
- The Climate Crisis
- Mental health & wellbeing
- Ideas for new seasonal music & songs
Step 3: Complete the Short Questionnaire
Provide additional information and you and your music by completing the short questionnaire. This will help the organisers understand more about what inspires you and what would support your musical journey.
Step 4: Submit Your Entry
Send in your submission along with the completed questionnaire. Don’t worry too much about the quality of the recording; the emphasis is on expressing yourself.
Step 5: Await Feedback
Once you’ve submitted your entry, look forward to receiving feedback from experts. This feedback can be valuable in helping you grow as a musician.
Step 6: Stay Connected
Keep an eye on any updates from the organisers. They may provide additional opportunities, resources, or events that could further support your musical journey.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and let your creativity shine through in your submission. Good luck!
And did you know?
- That you can get tuition (and subsidy if you need it) in creative music making, composition, songwriting at school from one of our Associate tutors?
- That we have an instrument hire scheme
- And we have a small number of songwriter / composer kits with an iPad, mic and interface that you can hire.
- We have Careers Info here and Copyright info here
- Take The Stage presented by Riverbank Studios
is a battle of the bands style competition for young musicians. The competition is open to any local musicians aged 21 or under with solo artists also encouraged to apply. Click here for more info and to apply.
- On behalf of Salisbury Area Young Musicians, Dan Coggins is running sessions in Salisbury on Creative Music Making with Tech – details here