We want to make instruments accessible to children and young people in a way that supports their participation and progression.
Instruments can be hired to pupils and schools who are receiving tuition from an Associate Provider within a school setting.
- We can support pupils needing help with the cost of instrument hire.
- Instruments have to be requested by Associates rather than by families. Associates have the information about how to do this. Families are then required to agree to terms and conditions and make their payments.
- The instruments we can provide are serviceable and suitable for young musicians, they are not all brand new, shiny and pristine. There are other places you can hire brand new instruments but they cost a lot more!
- We need those who use the scheme to support the ‘spirit’ in which it’s being run and to try to help it run as smoothly as possible.
- Instrument Sets can also be hired by Primary Schools delivering First Access. These instruments cannot be taken home by pupils. Details are here.
Details for academic year 21-22 are available below
In preparation for academic year 21-22 and in order to boost take-up of tuition we have adjusted the scheme to allow for early starters in June / July 2021 – details for Associates are contained in the guidance document (see link below).
The scheme continues to concentrate on instruments for pupils of our Associates. In line with plans to make the scheme sustainable, there has been an above inflationary increase in charges, but prices will remain highly competitive and remissions for those needing support will continue.
- 100% reduction for pupils eligible for Pupil Premium (inc. those entitled to Free School Meals)
- 100% reduction for pupils with Special Education Needs and/or a Disability.
- 100% reduction in fees for pupils who are Looked After/In Care (LAC).
- 50% reduction for pupils who schools classify as vulnerable for other reasons and who are unlikely to be able to take up (or continue) lessons as a result of economic or social circumstances. This is at the school’s discretion.
These subsidies will be applied automatically, providing the Associate indicates requirement when they request the instrument.