If the concern or complaint relates to a (potential) safeguarding issue follow the guidance here
If the concern or complaint is a not a safeguarding issue
(It could, for example, be related to quality of work or professional conduct)
Please follow one of the two routes outlined below
- About a member of Wiltshire Music Connect staff, Board, expert groups, or contractors*
- In the first instance raise it directly with the person concerned.
- If your concern or complaint is not resolved / addressed satisfactorily, then please take it directly to Nick Howdle (firstname.lastname@example.org), Leader of Wiltshire Music Connect, who will respond within ten working days.
- If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of any complaint dealt with by Nick, or if your concern relates to Nick himself, please raise it directly with the Chair of the Wiltshire Music Connect Board, who will respond within ten working days. Please use this address ChairofBoard@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk
*Note: Contractors include, for example Cluster Coordinators, Secondary School or First Access Champions.
- About an Associate / Associate Organisation or someone working on behalf of one:
Wiltshire Music Connect is neither the employer of, or agent for Associates who operate as freelance individuals or independent organisations. It is relatively rare for us to actually contract an Associate to deliver work on our behalf.
If it relates to work an Associate has been delivering in their own right
- In the first instance raise it directly with the person concerned (or in the case of an organisation, your main contact).
- If the complaint has not been resolved and indicates breach of the Associate terms and conditions and Code of Conduct, please bring it directly to Wiltshire Music Connect using this address email@example.com
- Wiltshire Music Connect will then take it up with the Associate concerned and either resolve the situation and communicate with you as appropriate or, if ultimately necessary, terminate the Associate status.
If it relates to work they have been contracted to do for Wiltshire Music Connect
- Please refer it to the contract manager at Wiltshire Music Connect through whom you will have arranged the provision.
Finally: If you have pursued any of the routes outlined above and remain dissatisfied with the handling or outcome of any complaint, then please refer to Wiltshire Council’s Complaints Procedure . Whilst it has semi-independent governance, Wiltshire Music Connect is part of Wiltshire Council’s Education and Skills Directorate.