Associates are individuals and organisations we endorse following a recruitment process which includes completing Safeguarding and child protection training.
Associates are not employees or contractors of Wiltshire Music Connect. Wiltshire Music Connect is not an agency – our role is to help quality assure their work, facilitate ways to connect them to schools and offer some CPD.
We do this because we want to increase the range, styles and choices available to children and young people, schools and families. This means a diverse and evolving network of different providers who are able to sustain their business in the county.
Not all Associates are qualified teachers but they have demonstrated an appropriate mix of skills, experience and qualifications in relation to different types of work.
Our Associates have:
- passed through an application process which includes an interview and assesses skills and abilities as teachers / tutors / music leaders
- evidenced their knowledge of Safeguarding and proved that up to date DBS, liability insurance and Child Protection training are in place
- provided references to us
- made a commitment to develop knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis through training and continuing professional development
- recognised that their work is connected to a wider network of advice support and progression opportunities
Why do we only provide access to subsidies and instrument hire through Associates?
- We need to be sure that our public funding is being used to support activities being delivered by quality assured providers
- If you use providers who are not Associates but you want to be able to access our subsidies and instrument hire scheme then the solution is to ask or expect them to become an Associate.
We welcome new applicants, click here for the process or on the thumbnail for the leaflet.
Our subsidies can’t apply if Associates are receiving less than the specified amounts detailed in the subsidy information.
Its important to pay properly
Skilled professionals delivering quality outcomes and benefits should be paid well.
If they’re not then they’re less likely to remain in our county and work with our young people.
As the majority of Associates are working on a freelance basis, their hourly rate effectively includes the costs of:
- Being appropriately insured
- Being DBS checked & subscribing to the Update Service
- Undertaking Training & CPD which keeps them up to date
- Keeping up to date on Safeguarding and Child Protection training /awareness