WANTED – Coordinator for our Musical Cluster – Royal Wootton Bassett, Purton, Malmesbury
Centred around an ongoing programme of schools visits and cluster meetings (which will engage approx. 80% of Wiltshire Schools over a 3 year period), contracted Coordinators do the following with support, resources and direction from our core team:
- Build an evolving profile of young people’s musical activity in their area.
- Encourage and advocate for a broad range of musical opportunities in terms of both participation and progression.
- Identify particular needs in terms of provision and or CPD.
- Bring together a range of individuals and organisations from the area and encourage the sharing of expertise, skills, resources and opportunities.
The cluster in question is:
- Royal Wootton Bassett, Purton, Malmesbury (North Wiltshire) – 23 schools and a range of music / cultural providers, with an allocation of £3436 for 16.2 days over an academic year contract.
Our current coordinator, Helen Fudge has made excellent progress over the last 2 years. Sadly (for us) she has now taken on another role.
For details of which schools are in the clusters and the cluster reports for academic year 16-17, please go here.
- We want to recruit someone to lead the contracted role from September 2018, ideally with a handover / induction period spread out between late August and Sept 2018.
Interested? You can see the contracted role spec here we also advise you to browse our website including schools pages, our annual report, values and definitions included in the “About” pages and Why Music resources.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please do this comfortably in advance of the deadline so a time can be arranged to chat. Please note that Martin is away 24 – 31 July inclusive.
- Deadline for applications: 1pm on Tuesday 7 August 2018 – please email an up to date CV and an accompanying letter (no more than 2 sides A4) explaining why you’re the right person for the role (please also indicate your availability for the suggested interview date) to email@example.com
- Shortlisting: completed by 9 August.
- Interviews: morning of Weds 29 August in Bradford on Avon (subject to applicant availability).