Public Liability

Organisations and individuals providing musical activities need to have Public Liability Insurance in place.

All Associates must confirm this when they apply. and we require their policy’s expiry date on their online profile.

We require their policy’s expiry date on their online profile and use this to remind them when renewal is due.

  • The cover needs to be appropriate to the work you do and the activities you offer.
  • If you teach from home or from someone else’s home or private residence or from pupils’ homes, then you need to make sure your insurance covers you for those settings.
  • You can Search for appropriate companies online and be sure to explain the range of work you do. One example (rather than an endorsement) is here.
  • In some cases you may find that you’re advised to also take out Indemnity insurance.
  • Organisations may also find they’re advised to have Employers Liability Insurance.
  • For individuals – Public Liability Insurance is sometimes offered as part of the membership of some professional bodies such as Musicians Union or Sound Sense or ISM.