I work with children (and adults) of all ages, from primary schools, to secondary and sixth form schools.
I teach ABRSM grades, ABRSM Jazz grades, Trinity Grades and Rock School grades as well as encouraging students to choose their own pieces of music in any format, i.e. sheet music or recorded audio.
Students can learn to play by ear as well as by sight, and/or learn how to easily create your own musical work
I have a Btec National diploma in performing arts, and licentiate of Trinity College London as well as two decades of teaching experience.
What I / we help young people achieve
The quality of my work speaks for itself, I have never had a student fail an exam. I have an excellent retention of student numbers.
I want students to acheive goals which they set, in performances, recordings exams or in what ever application they wish to use their music.
Opportunities for children & young people
- To learn to play an instrument and / or develop skills on an instrument
- To create / write music and / or lyrics
- To develop recording /production skills
- To play, perform music with others
- To learn things about oneself , other subjects or life-skills through musical activity
- To work with and support other young musicians
- To develop their wellbeing
Also Works With
Salisbury Area Music Co-operative
- Term Time
- After School
- School Holidays
- Project based
Working with special needs
I have also worked teaching children on the autistic spectrum.
- Recording & Producing
- Piano / Keyboard
- Electronic / Computer Music
- Curriculum Music (Primary)
- Curriculum Music (Secondary)
- Music Theory
Qualifications, Grades & Certificates Taught
- Instrument grades
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
GCSE, A-Level & Btec
Musical Clusters Covered
- Salisbury / Wilton
My Training & Development
I frequently work with other teachers and share techniques and teaching ideas. I also refer student to other teachers for second opinions, where where the specialisms of another teacher are more suited to the student.