Brass and Woodwind instrumental tuition provided for individuals and groups. This is available for both in school teaching or on a private basis for both children and adults.
What I / we help young people achieve
Over the last 24 years I have provided instrumental teaching from beginners to dipolma standard( including theory).
Many of these pupils have taken part in both junior and senior community brass bands.
I believe in all children having the opportunity to take part in a fun team pastime.
Opportunities for children & young people
- To learn to play an instrument and / or develop skills on an instrument
- To play, perform music with others
- To learn things about oneself , other subjects or life-skills through musical activity
- To work with and support other young musicians
- To develop their wellbeing
Also Works With
MBrass Bands/Junior and adults
- Term Time
- After School
- School Holidays
Working with special needs
- NoI have a trombonist with cerebral palsy.
I have also taught a number of pupils with Dyslexia.
- Music Theory
- Musical Director / Conductor
Qualifications, Grades & Certificates Taught
- Instrument grades
Musical Clusters Covered
- Calne & Melksham
- Marlborough & Pewsey
3 Pupils becoming members of The National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain.
Pupils playing with the top Brass bands in the UK.
A pupil becoming Director of their own Young Persons Band with the Salvation Army.
My Training & Development
The only training I do at present is child protection and safeguarding including Radicalisation training.
I also meet regularly with other teachers to discuss teaching matters and methods.