I am a fully qualified music teacher (M.A. B Mus (Hons) and PGCE) specialising in violin and viola teaching plus curriculum music. I have been living and teaching full time in the Salisbury area since the year 2000.
What I offer
• Violin/viola lessons – individual and small group lessons in school. Pupils have the opportunity to work towards exams (I have 100% pass rate) or if not will receive a positive musical experience anyway!
• First Access for violin and viola – weekly lessons during school time and regular concerts whether it’s a ‘Prom on the Playground’ or end of term assembly. Funding towards these lessons is available now – please contact the Hub.
• Conductor of string orchestras – currently SAYM Junior and Intermediate String orchestra but please let me know if you’d like to set up a new string based ensemble.
• Curriculum workshops for KS2 – please email for more information.
• Support with GCSE music – AQA or Edexcel
• Theory lessons – help you achieve grade 5!
I am passionate about delivering music lessons in an exciting and practical way, always looking to develop new teaching styles and inventive ideas to support pupils. Keeping up-to-date with new repertoire is vital to keep pupils motivated.
I also perform regularly with the Salisbury Sinfonia, Salisbury Symphony Orchestra and Minerva String Quartet.
What I / we help young people achieve
I truly believe that music is for everyone, whether it's playing for fun or the challenge of a music examination.
I have a broad selection of repertoire to motivate all pupils.
Commitment and dedication are skills I work on in all music lessons
Build confidence - to see a pupil perform to an audience is a real privilege
Ensemble skills, working together to achieve success
Sense of pride
I encourage pupils to nurture a lifelong love of music
Opportunities for children & young people
- To learn to play an instrument and / or develop skills on an instrument
- To learn to sing
- To create / write music and / or lyrics
- To play, perform music with others
- To learn things about oneself , other subjects or life-skills through musical activity
- To work with and support other young musicians
Also Works With
Salisbury Area Music Co-operative www.salisburyareamusiccooperative.com
- Term Time
- After School
- School Holidays
Working with special needs
As a first access teacher I work with whole classes and a wide range of pupil needs. I have found particular success working with pupils with ADHD and ADD. Music is an inclusive subject which encourages all to succeed.
- Curriculum Music (Primary)
- Curriculum Music (Secondary)
Qualifications, Grades & Certificates Taught
- Instrument grades
Musical Clusters Covered
- Salisbury / Wilton
“Excellent teaching with a clear structure. Pupils made clear progress in the lesson”
“Pupils were engaged, concentrated and happy to contribute”
” very organised and energetic”
All taken from recent lesson observations.