As a qualified music teacher (BA Hons PGCE) I have vast experience in delivering instrumental lessons and classroom based music. Having worked for Wiltshire Music Service, Southampton Music Services, alongside working in the classroom teaching the music curriculum, I am able to provide a varied and flexible approach. I am currently based in the Salisbury area.
Feel free to get in touch if you are interested in any of the following:
* Violin and Viola tuition – individual or group lessons. I have over 12 years experience of delivering instrumental lessons to pupils of all ages and abilities.
* Wider opportunities programmes (First access) – one or two year projects on the violin or viola. I have delivered projects in a wide variety of Primary school settings and have achieved very rewarding results – music for all.
* Keyboard skills – beginner tuition for the piano or keyboard.
* Theory training – need help with aspects of theory, including grade 5 theory? Get in touch!
* Early years music, Key stage 1,2 and 3 music curriculum – I’m happy to deliver stand alone sessions or deliver a scheme of work that works for your setting. I can be flexible to fit in with PPA cover, whilst delivering engaging and inspiring lessons.
* Ukulele club – Fun, beginner Ukulele sessions
* Choir – everybody loves to sing……
* Bell choir and Boomwhacker sessions – great for large group enjoyment.
*Learn Pad/iPad club – Using music programs to inspire young musicians via the use of apps, showing that creativity positively exists through music technology.
****** PLEASE NOTE: My Timetable is currently full **********September 2021
What I / we help young people achieve
I firmly believe that a love of music comes through enjoyment and exploration. From early years to adult learners, music can offer countless benefits to an individual's life. I can offer personalised musical experiences, through engaging workshops and personal tuition. I am passionate about developing the next generation of musical talent, ensuring music making is accessible for all. I would hope that by creating a positive and valuable attitude toward music, learning is achievable, memorable and most of all fun.
Opportunities for children & young people
- To learn to play an instrument and / or develop skills on an instrument
- To learn to sing
- To play, perform music with others
- To learn things about oneself , other subjects or life-skills through musical activity
- To work with and support other young musicians
Also Works With
Salisbury Area Music Co-operative
- Term Time
- Singing / Voice
- Piano / Keyboard
- Curriculum Music (Primary)
- Curriculum Music (Secondary)
- Music Theory
- Digital Music
- 4 and under
Qualifications, Grades & Certificates Taught
- Instrument grades
Musical Clusters Covered
- Salisbury / Wilton
My Training & Development
Small Steps Big Noise Conference – 15th March 2018
Cossins Music School – Early Years Musical Workshop 25th September 2017
Wiltshire Music Hub – Using ipads To Create Music In The Classroom 20th July 2017
ESTA – Folk and Rock Fiddle with Chris Haigh 20th March 2016 Devizes
ESTA -String Summer school 2016 Chichester University August 1st 2016
Educare – Child Protection in Education 2015
Educare – The Prevent Duty 2016