JukeBox Music Club
Type Of Organisation: Mixed Group / Club / Ensemble
JukeBox Music Club is a fully inclusive music club and ensemble. We welcome all young musicians aged 8-18, playing any instrument, of any ability and background.
JukeBox was originally intended to offer a 2-day workshop in a local venue in North Wiltshire 3 times per year during the half term holidays.
However due to Covid, it has been run virtually during the two half-term breaks in the academic year 20/21. For the virtual sessions, young musicians were sent activities to work on (with support from tutors) before recording and uploading a video of their music. They are able to work on the activities in their own time and pace during the holiday.
When sessions are held physically, there will also be the opportunity for virtual activities between each session.
Subsidised places are available for those who may otherwise not be able to take up the opportunity.
What I / we help young people achieve
JukeBox Music Club will inspire the JukeBox young musicians to improve their music skills and, by exploring different styles of music and learning how to creatively apply those music skills when they play together as a group.
• Discover new pieces of music through a mixture of music notation and learning by ear
• Get creative with more improvised and memorised music
• Perform music to suit your level of playing
• Explore various musical styles from jazz to classical, musical theatre to pop
Opportunities for children & young people
- To learn to play an instrument and / or develop skills on an instrument
- To create / write music and / or lyrics
- To play, perform music with others
- To learn things about oneself , other subjects or life-skills through musical activity
- To work with and support other young musicians
- To develop their wellbeing
- School Holidays
- Guitar & Bass
- Drums / percussion
- Singing / Voice
- Piano / Keyboard
- Songwriting / Composition
- Music Production
- Folk / Traditional
Musical Clusters Covered
- Calne & Melksham
- Marlborough & Pewsey
- Malmesbury / WB / Purton
‘I got to play music that I wouldn’t have chosen myself and really enjoyed it.’
‘The variety was interesting’
‘JukeBox is a really well put together package’
Our Training & Development
The tutors leading Jukebox, John Sandford, David Garcia and Catherine Ring are all individual Associates of Wiltshire Music Connect and therefore committed to developing their skills and practice in an ongoing basis.