Schools in Wiltshire can apply for grants of up £500 for music projects / activity that will take place before the end of December 2022.
Criteria – Proposals must aim to achieve at least one of the following things:
- Get music activity up and running again for pupils where provision has been reduced
- Rethink current / future music provision in light of Covid-19
- Explore the potential of digital music making
- Increase the inclusivity of music provision
We can only fund schools who have not received funding through this scheme before. Schools that received funding through this scheme last year may not reapply this time round. You can check on the right of this page to see if your school received funding through this scheme in 2021
Deadline for applications: Thursday 17 February 2022, 12 noon.
The online application is short and simple and should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
There is no requirement for match funding unless you are applying for funds to cover the cost of purchasing music equipment – we will only fund 50% of the full cost of any such equipment and so in your application you will need to explain where the other 50% will come from.
Please see the list below for examples of the kind of activity we will fund. Please note that this list is not exhaustive – it is intended to give you ideas and starting points.
If you are unsure whether or not your proposal is eligible, please email us in advance of the deadline to check – firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that it may take up to 72 hours to receive a response, so please do not leave it too late.)
What kind of things will we fund?
We will consider funding projects and activity that:
- enable children to sing safely in schools
- deliver safe school ensemble provision / re-think school ensemble provision
- stimulate the uptake of instrumental / vocal lessons
- stimulate the uptake of GCSE, BTEC and A-Level music
- provide additional staff capacity for leading choirs and ensembles in bubbles
- offer specialist input to the music curriculum
- enable music specialists to teach music remotely
- include hire of music equipment / instruments through our instrument hire scheme
We will not fund:
- The cost of cleaning, cleaning products or PPE
- The cost of a Charanga Music School licence (because we already subsidise the cost of Charanga for Wiltshire schools)
- Things that your school has previously provided but has now decided not to pay for anymore