Preparing for a Deep Dive into Primary Music – online
Ofsted inspectors take an in-depth look at several different subject areas within a school to help them understand the quality of education on offer. With a particular focus on the broad and balanced curriculum, it is possible that music could well be one of the subject areas chosen.
This twilight CPD session will provide participants with an understanding of:
- What to expect from a Deep Dive
- the importance of being able to articulate the music curriculum intent, implementation and impact
- what evidence an inspector might ask for
- what questions an inspector might ask
Participants will take away:
- guidance about the implementation of music within different settings
- examples of planning, skills progression and sequencing from EY to Year 6
- a list of ‘go to’ resources
- suggestions taken from Wiltshire Music Connect’s Get Going Guide for Music Subject Leadership
Ticket prices are subsidised by Wiltshire Music Connect.
We will be running this session through Zoom. Joining details will be sent to you a few days before the session.