Preparing for a Deep Dive into Primary Music – online
For primary teachers and music leaders.
Ofsted inspectors take an in-depth look at several different subject areas within a school to help them understand the quality of education on offer. With a particular focus on the broad and balanced curriculum, it is possible that music could well be one of the subject areas chosen.
This 1.5 hour CPD session, delivered via Zoom, will provide participants with an understanding of:
• what to expect from a Deep Dive
• the importance of being able to articulate the music curriculum intent, implementation and impact
• what evidence an inspector might ask for
• what questions an inspector might ask
Participants will take away:
• guidance about the implementation of music within different settings
• examples of planning, skills progression and sequencing from EY to Year 6
• a list of ‘go to’ resources
The course is led by:
Steph Farr – Primary Music Specialist
Lindsay West – Ex-Headteacher and Music Specialist
What have previous course participants said about this course?
“Informative and reassuring.”
“Both leaders were extremely articulate, obviously had an excellent knowledge base and were most importantly very reassuring and supportive.”
“Thank you, I felt that I was more confident in what our school was offering and would be prepared for questions asked by Ofsted.”
“As a Music Curriculum Leader with an Ofsted inspection looming, this is exactly what I needed at this point!”
If you would like to buy multiple places we can provide further discounts – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org