Wiltshire Music Connect is working with schools and music providers to develop 12 Musical Clusters across the county.
Initially be based around existing school clusters these are gradually broadening to include a wider musical community – tutors, providers, venues etc.
To find out when there are meetings for the Musical Clusters, please go to the Whats on Section of our site and search under the Training and Development for Schools and Providers category
We fund part time Cluster Coordinator roles to help pull people and ideas together and to take things further.
|Bradford on Avon & Corsham||Jenny Knight||BoAandCorsham@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Calne and Melksham||Emily Malcolm||CalneAndMelksham@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Devizes area||Emily Malcolm||Devizes@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Downton area||Sandra Ball||Downton@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Marlborough & Pewsey||Max Moore||MarlboroughAndPewsey@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Mere and Tisbury||Mark James||MereAndTisbury@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Royal Wootton Bassett / Purton / Malmesbury||Helen Fudge||NorthWiltsCluster@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Salisbury & Wilton||TBC||SalisAndWilton@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
|Trowbridge (CSL schools)||Marie Negusfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Warminster & Westbury||Marie Negus||WarmAndWestb@wiltshiremusicconnect.org.uk|
Musical Clusters – ‘concept’
- Mini Hubs – that bring together musical communities at a more localised level
- Schools, tutors, venues, organisations / societies – a range of people and settings in which different aspects of music education and learning are / could be taking place.
- As these develop we can then better target our support / resources within those areas as can other key providers (such as Wiltshire Music Centre)
Aim of Musical Clusters
An improvement in children’s progress and engagement through:
- Educators’ increased skills, knowledge and confidence at providing musical learning in their setting;
- Access to a wider range of opportunities, experiences and resources.
Why it should be good for a school or organisation to engage with and help shape its Musical Cluster.
- Share resources / tips / experiences – whether you’re an experienced and confident music teacher / coordinator or one who isn’t – you are not alone!
- Make contact with and hear about other providers’ offers, projects and opportunities.
- No matter what the size or capacity of your school or organisation there should be things to pick up on and benefit from.
- Develop collective projects or CPD that address their priorities.
- Secondary schools will have a better sense of the musical experiences and journey’s of young people heading their way.
Additionally schools will find themselves better able to meet OFSTED inspection criteria.